Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Sue the Bargain Hunter: Return of the Bargains


Disclaimer:  Post contains referral links.

It is hard to believe it has now been 20 years since I officially got the title "Mom"!  The budget ran leaner in those early days, and thus the reason for Sue the Bargain Hunter emerged. 

Currently, while I take a break from my professional career, I find myself listening to budget/financial blogs like those from Ramsey, Suze Orman, etc.  Even if you are financially stable, it cannot hurt to pause and pause to check if you are using your resources wisely!  

My shopping habits these days?

I have spent a lot of time (and money) in BJs/Costco the last few years - I am lazy and shop in bulk, but generally try to time my purchasing so that I only buy certain items if there is a coupon.  But now that I am an "empty nester", that bulk shopping is just too much and going to waste.  So I need to go back to shopping the traditional grocery store like ShopRite and Weis.  Bloggers like Living Rich with Coupons continue to be the experts in the local shopping game, so I would continue to defer to them in all those coupon matchups.  And yes, a whole lot of Amazon (referral) continues to be very good at delivery to my house and my Amazon Associates account is still active for when I want to share items I like at Amazon with friends...

But I still continue to use a few saving apps too!



Rakuten  (referral) - Yes, I have given up my privacy to have my shopping stalked!  Just make sure you turn off notifications if they disrupt you and remember to log into the app before you start shopping on your phone!



Fetch  (referral) - Fetch processes both your paper receipts and your electronic receipts received via email, giving you credit on top of sales prices when you buy their target items.  I even recently got bigger bonuses recently after buying something from Dick's Sporting Goods since Dick's shipped via DoorDash (so I was able to combine Rakuten and Fetch!).  I just cashed in my first Amazon gift card.


As an Amazon Associate, I earn commission from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment